LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

my life in pics this last week

Lets start off by saying I am still swamped, and the next 4 weeks will be hard. I feel for my kid, he is like parentless these days. I have practical(lab work exercises) 3 times a week until October 18th. Then I will be done with all of that. I am enjoying it a bit, like yesterday I isolated DNA from a blood sample and next time we get to do that DNA picture thing where you can see the DNA (like how it is in the movies). I am also going to be going to the lab 3 times next week for hmmmm wonder what I should call this class, its like we are going to be cultivating bacteria and counting them and testing their resistance for a number of drugs.

Anywhoot, the new apartment is still upside down because we the grown ups don't really have any time to do anything. Like we still don't have proper lights in the rooms just the bulb. And I could go on like this for a while.

I am so thankful for my band. I have not been doing what I should, but it has kept me from piling on the pounds. I am using my measuring cup during dinner time. I eat a protein drink and an apple or a banana for breakfast but what I am screwing up is what I eat for lunch. I am not gaining but again I am not losing either. 

But onto the pictures since I really should be taking notes from organic chemistry and doing some reports.

Christmas is just round the corner and apparently the store agrees with me because this is what was there today
We took a walk on Sunday morning, the top picture is the view from my door and that is where we were going. The statues/art thingies are on our way back home. It was a nice way to start a long day of exam preparations.
My new welcome mat. It says "you again?" I freaking love love LOVE it.
 My kid is in love with his new room. We bought him a new(used) TV and a couch and his room is all set up for him and his friends to enjoy it. He was very proud to pay just under half of what the TV cost (so he paid about $95). I am a mean mommy who makes her kid work and sometimes pay for stuff he wants like a newish TV, cause he had a old tube TV that worked just fine.
 This is the view from my study, that white thing in the middle of the photo is Snæfellsjökull a glacier that Jules Verne says hides the entrance to the center of the earth. The picture does not capture how close it really is.
 The view from my study just more to the left and it is awesome when the sun goes down.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are super busy! YIKES! I can relate. Craziness everywhere! I am glad the band keeps my eating at bay too. I cant believe the holidays are right around the corner again....Hope things are going well! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome views from your house - very jealous! Sounds like alls on track with the eating, no gaining when life is soooo busy and everything else is crowding in is awesome, keep at it xx

    ReplyDelete