LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

fill and a port flip scare

OK so I finally had a fill. Not the one I wanted but a fill non the less. The fill went great, no pain hit the port right away (using x-ray). But then I had to take a mouthful of that contrast fluid and swallow. It hurt like a mother fudger. It was going through OK he said but I was in pain so we decided it would be good to take 0.5 ml back out. Then trouble started. Apparently my port is not lying flat and never has (its always kinda on the side ever since it was placed there) and he had trouble getting back in, the port kept turning away and then he said it was facing its back towards him (cue panic) and it finally went in, only took 4 different jabs and tons of blood (nah just kidding but I hate it so it looked like a lot to me). So now I have 4.5 ml in my 10 ml band, my surgeon said I could have a fill between 5.5-6.0 ml. I am bummed that I had that pain when he put 5.0 ml in it, because before the unfill I had 6.5 ml in there. But I´ll take what I can. And regarding the port, he says it hasn't flipped but that it just wasn't cooperating and I shouldn't worry about it. Now lets hope that when my surgeon comes in December he can put at least the remaining 2 ml back in there. I don't know how long I should be on liquids since I had such a big fill but I think I will do 4 days of liquids and then try out mushies, lets see how long I can keep it up.


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you got a fill even if it wasnt all you wanted at least its something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure even though it wasn't the amount you wanted, the fill will make a big difference! Next time, make sure the person doing your fill leaves the needle in until you're sure that's the amount you want to be adjusted so that you don't have to be stuck again!

    ReplyDelete